|Name:||Halesowen Chess Club|
|Venue:||The Lighthouse Pub, 153 Coombs Road, Halesowen, B62 8AF|
|Night:||Tuesday and Thursday|
|Parking:||Car park at venue|
|Facilities:||No disabled facilities are available. Please contact the club in advance to discuss your needs|
Member since 2002.
- League champions 2016-17 and 2017-18
- Div Two champions 2006-07 and 2011-12
- Div Three champions 2009-10 and 2016-17
- Pittaway Cup winners 2002-03
- Humphreys Trophy winners 2005-06, 2006-07 and 2011-12
- Lightning Tournament champions (Minor section) 2004-05
- Summer League champions 1997
- Summer League Div three south 1995, 1997, 1998, 2002, 2003 and 2004
Halesowen Chess Club was formed in October 1974 by founder members Dave Arthur (secretary) and John Brookes (chairman). It's club rooms were Halesowen Athletic and Cycling Club.
In 1974/75 the club entered a team in the Worcester County League for the first time and in the following year a team was also entered into the Birmingham and District Chess League (in Division 6). In 1976/77 this team was promoted to Division 5 and finished 3rd.
On 1st December 1977 the Club moved to the Leasowes Community Centre.
In 1977/78 three teams were entered in the B'ham League, finishing 3rd in Division 5, 7th in Division 9, and 3rd in Division 10. In 1978/79 another team was added in the B'ham League.Results were 7th in Division 4, 3rd in Division 8, 4th in Division 9 and 4th in Division 10.
In 1979/80 yet another team was added, giving five teams entered in the B'ham League, competing in Divisions 4, 7, 8, 9, & 10. Also two teams entered the Worcester County League (one team in each division) and one team in Worcester and District Div 1 after winning Division 2 the previous season.
In 2002 Halesowen joined the WDCL.